Sunday, October 18, 2009

First post!

It has taken Mike being on a night shift, and Sammy being in bed to allow me the time to finally pick up the laptop and type. Not being exactly sure of how a first post should go, allow me to tell you about my day. I was awoken by a not so small boy climbing over me to get at my water bottle. I am wise enough to screw the plastic lid onto my bottle, yesterday Mike was not, and so last night he slept in a rather large wet spot. After forcing my eyelids open with his chubby little fingers I relented and got up to make him the soggy cheerios that he so loves. I have to make them soggy and pour away the milk because he cannot be trusted with liquid if it is not in an closed container. I got some very funny looks from the boy as I dressed him in long pants, a jacket and full shoes. He spent a considerable amount of time looking at the tiny brown shoes and wondering where his toes had gone. Poor boy is going to be devastated when we go to England in a week and the temperature is less than 70 degrees!

We took Eddie for a long walk outside where I continued to have to tell him what everything was. "That's a tree", "that's a leaf" and "that's a swimming pool". It sounds like it should be easy to let a few questions slip through the cracks, but my son has the cutest way of looking up at me and asking, "Wha dat?" (A true New Orleanian). Following true to his birthplace, he watched the first three quarters of the Saints game with dedication before we headed out to allow Daddy some time to study.

A quick visit with Uncle Tony and Mimi Fay made him smile, but not as much as Mr. Dennis taking him to see eight chickens in a pen. He spent the rest of the evening making a strange purring sound, which only I know to be his impression of a fat brown chicken.

That brings me to now, sat on the sofa watching the Girls Next Door, eating Reese's Pieces whilst my husband deals with drama on the labour and delivey ward and my precious boy sleeps in the next room. I think Eddie and I will continue to sit here and watch trashy tv, whilst I should be cleaning the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I look forward to reading more about you and Sammy (and Mike too!) :)

    ReplyDelete