Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Addiction

I think blogging might be addictive.

Sammy and I went to the zoo with our MMM group and had a wonderful time.  Sammy has a friend named Roman who he really loves.  He shows only a little interest when they are together, but when he leaves he says "Wo Wo" and puts up his hands as if to ask' "Where is he?".  It is very cute. 

I caught my child kissing two animals today.  I should preface this by saying kisses in our house are very rare.  Never when asked for, usually unexpected and always with teeth (a tongue too, if he really likes you).  My husband usually walks our dog as soon as he wakes up, but, given the night shift situation, Eddie has had to keep his legs crossed for a few more hours.  Eddie sleeps in our second bathroom with a baby gate blocking the doorway.  After our routine teeth brushing and me yelling for him not to splash in the toilet, we headed for our three stairs.  I realised that I had left the white noise machine on in Sammy's room so I quickly nipped in to switch it off to come out and find him kissing the dog.  Eddie has his two front paws up on the gate and my baby was kissing his face.  Disgusting you might think, I have not finished.


Apparently our zoo has a petting area.  For any of you who know my child, letting him loose on innocent animals seems a bit mean.  But, there were many other children in there and I felt that keeping him strapped in his pram while they all petted the cute animals was a bit meanspirited.  In an area full of sheep and goats, my son is the only one stood obsessing over the only ceiling fan in the vicinity, but a mean looking black goat quickly catches his attention.  He shows me the sign for dog and promptly chases after the unsuspecting goat.  After feebly trying to explain that it was not a dog, he continued his pursuit through the dirt.  I turned around briefly to speak to another Mum, only to catch my curly haired boy, mouth wide open headed for the caprine.  Before I could get any words out, my child kissed a goat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment