So much has happened since the last time that I blogged it seems impossible to get it all in. This may be a good thing though, as the insignificant details will go by the wayside as only the important things remain in my brain. On Tuesday 27th October, my beautiful baby and I flew to England. He was a little star on the plane, as was the man who gave us the bulkhead and an extra seat! The main reason for our trip was for me to have the honour of being a bridesmaid to one of my very best friends. Suzie and Paul, your wedding was beautiful, thank you so much for allowing me to play such an important role in your special day.
The beautiful bride at the salon
The first thing that comes to my mind when thinking about our trip was the ride home from the airport. My Dad came to collect us, and as soon as we pulled down the familiar M56 sliproad my eyes welled with tears. The colours of the autumn trees were breathtaking, seriously. The colours were so vivid and bright, so many variations of red, orange and yellow that I don't have the words to describe the scene. It reminded me of the pictures that we used to make at primary school after collecting leaves in the field. It also made me realise how much I miss the English seasons. I knew I missed it, but not this much. It made me come back to NOLA and have another conversation with Mike about moving home.
A few things had changed since my last trip home...
Samuel can now walk
My sister has a full time job as a radiographer
My brother-in-law has a very broken leg and is somehow managing to look after a one year old
Suz is a married lady
My Mum has two jobs again
All of these things made for a very different trip. Not being able to spend every spare second with my sister (and very best friend in the whole world) and took a bit of getting used to. But, seeing her as a professional working woman makes me so proud, she is successful and thin! Who could want more! These changes meant that I could spend a lot more time with my brilliant Dad than I usually do, this was a huge plus point. I was the most thrilled when Dad suggested taking Megan and Samuel to Blackpool to see the lights. For any non-English (and non-Northern!) readers, seeing the illuminations in Blackpool is a tacky 'must' every year. Miles and miles of lights strung across the streetlights on the seafront, each a little tackier that the last. I LOVED IT!
Other highlights included eating copious amount of Indian food (mmm, chicken mekhani), watching Sammy play with Megan and Freya and just spending so much time with my wonderful family and friends. And, as if a brilliant trip home was not enough, I got to come home to the best husband in the world (and a clean house) xxx
Hands down, the two cheekiest faces in the entire world.
No comments:
Post a Comment